Qualifications Obtained: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – (The Relationship between Poverty and HIV/AIDS in Sudan) - Development Studies- Faculty of Economics & Administration at University Of Malaya –- Kuala Lumpur- Malaysia 2015; Master of health Economics - Faculty of Economics & Administration at University Of Malaya – Kuala Lumpur- Malaysia 2007; Post- Graduate Diploma in Health Economics - Institute of Health Economics at University of Khartoum – Khartoum - Sudan 2004; Post Graduate Diploma in Development Studies and Planning - Institute of Development Studies at University of Khartoum – Khartoum- Sudan 1996; and Bachelor degree of Economics - Faculty of Commerce at University of Elnileen – Khartoum- Sudan 1990.
- Research Methodology :
- Problem statement, Research objectives and questions, Literature review, Qualitative and qualitative Research, Research Proposal, study design, data collection methods ..ect.
- Leadership and Management:
Leadership and management concepts, styles, functions, different between
Leadership and management.
Health Financing System
Post Graduate Students Supervised
|Ser. No||Degree||Title of thesis||Faculty or Institute||Year|
|Knowledge, attitudes and practices among women vulnerable to HIV infection (In North Darfur - El-fashir locality)||Public health Institute||2016-2017|
|2.||Master of Disaster management||Assessing the factors that increase Non- adherence to
HIV care and treatment services among people living with HIV/AIDS in North Darfur state/ Elfashir Locality
|Public health Institute||2016-2017|
|3.||Master of Disaster management||Analyzing Social stigma and its impact on people living with HIV and AIDS in the state of North Darfur /El Fasher locality.||Public health Institute||2016-2017|
|The factors that affect the retention rate among HIV patients at ART centers Khartoum state||University of Medical science and technology||2017-2018|
- Administration, Management and strategic planning,
- Competent in projects and team management.
- Team motivator and an individually motivated.
- Excellent coordination and negotiation skills.
- Easily adaptable to multicultural environments and new techniques and procedures.
- Good skills in writing Progress, and narrative reports
- Good skills in developing action plans
- Good skills in research methodology and writing proposals
- Good skills in lecturing (HIV/AIDS seminars, workshops)
Scholarships and Awards:
- WHO fellows through Government of Sudan – Federal Ministry of health 2009
PhD on development Studies - The title: The Relationship between Poverty on HIV/AIDS in Sudan - University Malaya – Malaysia.
- Government of Sudan through Federal Ministry of Health – Post-Graduate Diploma in Health Economics – University of Khartoum – Sudan. 2004
- Government of Sudan through Federal Ministry of Health – Post-Graduate Diploma in Development Studies and Planning – University of Khartoum – Sudan. 1996
National Committees & NGOs memberships:
- 2013 Chair of the Task Force of impact Mitigation thematic Area for Sudan National Strategic Plan (2011-2015)
- 2010 Member of the task force of HIV/AIDS Sudan strategic plan process, Sudan National HIV/AIDS Program, Khartoum – Sudan (2010-2014)
- 2004 Member (Coordinator) of Sudanese AIDS Network (SAN) – Khartoum Sudan
- 2002 Member of the National Task Force for Sudan National Strategic Plan (2002-2007) – Sudan National AIDS Control Program – Khartoum - Sudan
- 2002 Member of Sudanese Women Association of HIV/AIDS prevention
International Training Courses and Conferences:
- 2013 training course on Structural Equation Modeling (SEM), using AMOS software – University of International Islamic Affairs (UIA) -Kula Lumpur - Malaysia
- 2012 training course on Structural Equation Modeling (SEM), using SMART PLS software
– Bettas Institute -Kula Lumpur - Malaysia
- 18th September to 18th October 2011.The 4
course for Total Quality Management of Concurrent Infections Control of TB/HIV (Nile Basin Countries & Djibouti) –Cairo- Egypt
- 2011, Training course in GIS (Geographical and Information system – Cairo-Egypt.
- 2011 National workshop on poverty alleviation and Endogens people – Poverty and
Development Centre - University of Malaya – Malaysia
- 2007 International Islamic Conference on Poverty alleviation – University of Malaya – Malaysia
Study Tour – ISS- Italy- Rome
Publications – Peer reviewed Journals:
- Ismail, S. M.1, Eisa, A. A.2, & Ibrahim, F.3 (2015). HIV-infected People in Sudan Moving toward Chronic Poverty: Possible Interventions. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (JANAC). pii: S1055-3290(15)00140-5. doi: 10.1016/j.janac.2015.06.002.
- Salwa Muddthir Ismail¹ Fatimah Kahri² Amar Abobakre Eisa³ and Samah Elsir4 (2014), Are low economic status and gender inequality a driving factor for increased HIV and AIDS vulnerability among women? Evidence from Sudan, African Journal of AIDS and HIV Research Vol. 2 (1), pp. 026-034.
- Salwa M. Ismail1, Fatimah K2 and A Kamarulzaman3(2015). Risk and vulnerability to HIV/AIDS in Sudan: Application of the structural equation modeling, International Journal of Women and Men's Studies Vol. 2 (1), pp. 038-050.
- Salwa Muddthir Ismail1, Fatimah Khari 2 and Adeeba Khamurzaman3 (2015). "The socio- economic implications among People Living with HIV/AIDS in Sudan: Challenges and Coping Strategies". Journal of International Association of Providers in AIDS Care (accepted for publication).
- HIV/AIDS and poverty in Sudan – Case Study – economic impact of HIV/AIDS in Sudan. (2007)- International Islamic Poverty Alleviation Conference - Development and Poverty Centre - University of Malaya – Malaysia.
Editorial Board Member: Health Journal – Sage Publications
Khartoum, Northern, Sudan