Since 2020 to present, Dr. Ahmed is working as the Director of the Agricultural Economics and Policy Research Center (AEPRC), Agricultural Research Corporation of Sudan (ARC) and he is Associate Research Professor. From 2011 to 2012 worked as a post-doctoral research follow at University Sains Malaysia (USM), and from 2013 to 2015 worked as a Visiting Senior Lecturer at School of Economics, Department of Agribusiness of University Utara Malaysia (UUM). In 2005, he was a warded PhD a scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD). The PhD research conducted as a collaborative work between University of Khartoum and University of Giessen in Germany where he did his Ph.D. Research Internship at Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Nutritional Sciences and Environmental Management, Institute of Farm and Agribusiness Management. He was awarded the Ph.D. degree from University of Khartoum and jointly with, Institute of Farm and Agribusiness Management, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Germany in 2009. He was awarded many scholarships from internal and external organizations and also attended numerous national and international conferences and many training courses programs and workshops inside and outside Sudan. He is a board member of DAAD Alumni Association Sudan (DAAS) & Secretory of Northern State Office. He is a member of many scientific committees and published many scientific articles in different scientific journals and conferences proceedings.
- Post- Doctoral in Economics from School of Social Science, Universiti of Sains Malaysia (USM), (2011-2012).
- PhD in Agricultural Economics, University of Khartoum, Department of Agricultural Economics, Sudan and
- (Ph.D. Research Internship, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Nutritional Sciences and Environmental Management, Institute of Farm and Agribusiness Management, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Germany (April 2007- October 2007), and the whole PhD period is (1/5/2005-13/4/2009).
- MSc. in Agricultural Economics, University of Khartoum, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Agricultural Economics, Sudan (1/2/2002-8/11/2004).
- BSc. Honor in Agricultural Sciences, University of Dongola, Sudan 21/2/1999, and General Diploma in Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Gezira, Sudan
- Short-Term Scholar in USA, at Brown International Advanced Research Institutes:(BIARI) of Brown University (2012) emphasis on: Climate Change and its Impacts: Regional Coupled Human-Natural Systems and Evidence-Based Policy Making, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, from Saturday, June 9 to Saturday, June 23, 2012.
- Post- Doctoral Fellowship from School of Social Science, Universiti of Sains Malaysia (USM), (2011-2012).
- Scholarship from EcoMod Modelling School, Practical General Equilibrium Modeling (CGE) with General Algebraic Modeling System (GAMS), (January 2012).
- Scholarship from the Royal Thai Government as a part of its Technical Cooperative Program, Chiang Mai, Thailand (TICA). Diversified Farming Practices Using Participatory Approaches for Food Security and Safety from 3rd to 22nd May 2010 at Multiple Cropping Center, Faculty of Agriculture, Chiang Mai University Chiang Mai 2010 on competitive basis.
- Scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) for Ph.D. study, from 2005 to 2009 on competitive basis.
- Short-Term Scholar in Research Methodology on: General and Social analysis in Natural Resource Management at OSSEREA, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and November to December 2003.
Wad Madanī, White Nile, Sudan